Saudi Arabia has been a hive of construction activity over the last few weeks, and the trend looks set to continue during the year ahead.
Notable projects set to take off in Saudi Arabia include the 334km2 Qiddiya entertainment city; a $5bn (SAR18.75bn) petrochemicals complex in Jubail by Saudi Aramco and Total; and a Six Flags-branded theme park, due to open in 2022.
Each of these developments is set to create thousands of jobs for construction professionals across the Gulf.
Job activity is similarly on the rise in other parts of the Middle East, such as Kuwait – where numerous billion-dollar projects are under way – and the UAE, which is said to be among the Gulf's busiest markets for hospitality developments.
BuildingMENA.com, the Middle East's only construction-specific job portal, has more than 100 jobs listed this week.
In the following pages, Construction Week outlines 10 of this week's top job vacancies in the Middle East's construction sector, six of which are in Saudi Arabia.
Click on the links below for details of this week's top 10 jobs, which include:
- Logistics supervisor (Saudi Arabia)
- Planning / scheduling engineer (Kuwait)
- Mechanical engineer (UAE)
- Contracts manager (Saudi Arabia)
- Principal mechanical engineer (Saudi Arabia)
- Assistant landscape architect (Oman)
- Project manager – operations (Saudi Arabia)
- Tower crane operator (Saudi Arabia)
- Project controls manager (UAE)
- Process designer (Saudi Arabia)